Why the Internet and digital communications are important
The internet is an essential element in 21st century life for education, business and social interaction. The school has a duty to provide pupils with quality Internet access as part of their learning experience.
Internet use is a part of the statutory curriculum and a necessary tool for staff and pupils.
Internet use will enhance learning
- The school Internet access will be designed expressly for pupil use and will include filtering appropriate to the age of the pupils.
- Pupils will be taught what Internet use is acceptable and what is not and given clear objectives for internet use.
- Pupils will be educated in the effective use of the Internet in research, including the skills of knowledge location, retrieval and evaluation.
- Pupils will be shown how to publish and present information to a wider audience.
Pupils will be taught how to evaluate Internet content
- The school will ensure that the use of Internet derived materials by staff and pupils complies with copyright law.
- Pupils will be taught the importance of cross-checking information before accepting its accuracy.
- Pupils will be taught how to report unpleasant Internet content.
Link to E-Safety Policy
Parents & Carers Guide to the Internet